mercredi 26 février 2014

Fougamash

As explained in my article about Waldhausen stable boots here, Totem hurted himself on his hindleg, near the hoof.
As it is really close to the ground and thus to the straw and dirt, the vet put him on antibiotics so that the injury does not get infected.
However, it has been impossible to make him take the antibiotics, even with the help of apples or even mixed with applesauce.

Thus, I tried to hide the antibiotics in a mash. Having finished my big 15kg bag from winter, I bought two small bags at Fouganza (Décathlon equestrian brand).


A bag costs 4.95€ and weights 1.5kg. I succeeded in doing 4 small mashes with each bag. The 5 big spoon of antibiotics that were hidden in the mash got absorbed by Totem without having him realizing what was happening.

These bags are really convenient when you do not need big quantities and they look really tasty as Totem did not leave a crumb behind!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire