samedi 10 mai 2014

Métalab spurs

As I was spending my holidays in "Le Touquet", last August with Totem (by the way I totally advise you the stables, horses are really well treated and there are a lot of riding paths), I went to the showjumping on the wonderful grounds the stables own.

Of course, I could not stop myself from going shopping but I stayed reasonable and only fell for Metalab spurs, the Prince of Galles kind, with rubber on the sides.



At first, their price scared me a little (43€! (talking about that, I did not understand it all, on Métalab website, they cost 53€...), but still, I wanted to try my first pair of spurs covered in rubber, hoping that the price would be related with the spur's life expectancy.

After 9 months of using the spurs around 2-3 times per week, they remain the same (that would have been a great scam if not...). They are really nice to wear, you don't feel them and the fact that they are covered in rubber and also that they have a technology that makes that they cannot slip (picture below) make that they do not move at all while you are riding.

I am really satisfied with them!

Small advice however: with these spurs, it is better to get leather or fake leather straps as the nylon ones slip from the "S" holes (let me reassure you, not when the spur is on the boot, only when it's not).

PS: The "souvenir" picture of Totem and I having a great time during our holidays:



Sure thing: we will be back in Le Touquet for the next holidays!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire